Providing all round support and versatility for wider, native breeds at home, in the dressage arena, or even the show ring.
The Universal Dressage Saddle – designed to suit the wider and flatter backed horse, this saddle offers a secure feel to avoid slipping and imbalance commonly associated with wider native breeds. While providing comfort and freedom over the back, the horse is encouraged to engage the hindquarters, developing elasticity to enhance the natural way of going. A super-soft, semi-deep seat and versatile interchangeable thigh blocks supports the rider in achieving the optimum position for a variety of disciplines.
- 100% made to measure for both YOU and YOUR HORSE.
- Suitable for all; no shapes and sizes are off limits, wide to extra wide and beyond!
- Ideal for Native and Cob-type breeds.
- Super-soft semi-deep seat for increased rider comfort.
- Interchangeable thigh blocks offering versatility with tailored security.
- Unique cut design to show off the shoulder.
- Available with either short or long girth straps
- Cutting edge technology encourages expression and freedom through the shoulders and back.
Bespoke design features:
- Handmade in England with your choice of finest English leather or luxury calfskin.
- Available in black, Havana brown or chestnut brown.
- Bespoke colour embellished cantle finish.
The Ava Saddle promise
With comfort comes maximised performance! We strive to minimise movement of the saddle by incorporating an innovative girthing system, allowing for fluidity of movement without concern for discomfort. Our wide gullets allow horses to engage their hindquarters more easily, ultimately taking the weight off the forehand to encourage balance and self-carriage. But what makes Ava saddles so special is that they’re adjustable, so we can support your horse as they develop and/or change shape. Combining maximised surface area panels with our advanced panel filling technology, we’re able to minimise pressure points and offer a bespoke comfort like no other.
Price £2100 (inc VAT) – Super soft, double oiled leather.
Price £2600 (inc VAT) – Luxury calfskin.
Balance paid on delivery
Includes FREE saddle cover and NuuMed saddle cloth
We accept credit and debit card payment
A choice of two panel fillings
- Traditional Flocking – the traditional system which uses super soft wool flock and creates an even bearing surface.
- Foam and Felt – a system which is available on the Pro Jump, Pro Event and Premier Jump Saddles and creates a smooth, close contact panel.
Ava Saddles offer a choice of filling in their panels.
1. Foam and felt panel system
This foam and felt is a useful alternative to air:
- super soft, smooth panels
- never lumpy or bumpy, no uneven wear
- never needs flocking
- low profile, close contact feel
- minimal maintenance
2. Traditional Flocking
A traditional filling system:
- Uses super soft wool flock
- Balances saddle for the rider
- Adjusted for minimal shape change
- Creates even weight distribution
For more information, call us on 07498 875299
We look forward to discussing your needs and requirements, so that we can help you keep your horse happy and comfortable with a perfectly fitted Ava Saddle.
Now in my 7th year of riding in Ava saddles, on several different horses – all expertly fitted and adjusted as necessary.
Nikki Cartwright, North Wales
Love our new Ava calfskin Gp Saddle with Swarovski crystals. My boy is so much happier and his way of going is superb!
Joanne Robinson, Wirral
I thought I’d drop you a line to let you know how happy I am with my new saddle! It’s made such a difference, to his canter particularly.
Jen Deakin, Leeds
Claire is completely brilliant at what she does. Excellent British made product, excellent service.
Katie Monroe, Windsor
Claire has a fantastic eye for detail and is incredibly thorough, I am 100% happy with my Ava saddles! I would recommend Ava to everyone I know.
Emma Littlewood, Leeds
Never been so excited about a saddle before -it fits me & my horse perfectly.Its so comfortable to ride in & has improved the horse’s way of going.
Sara Black, North Yorkshire
Fantastic, the change in my boy since changing saddles to the Ava Pro Jump saddle has been amazing.
Vicky Stabler, Cumbria
Love my Ava Pro Jump saddle and my horse does too she’s going so much better, thank you xx
Kelly Cherrington, West Yorkshire
The fitting and aftercare service was like nothing I have ever experienced before, Claire has a fantastic eye for detail and is incredibly thorough, I am 100% happy with my Ava saddles!
Emma Littlewood, Leeds
After trying many other brands previously on my XW/forward girth groove mare I was beginning to despair. Claire soon had us sorted and finally I had a horse that was free to move.
Emma Jenkins, Oxford
Not only is my saddle the perfect fit for my horse, my leg position and riding has improved massively!
Becky Edge, Bury, Lancashire
Wonderful personal service ensuring saddle fitted both myself and my horse.