Designed for extra wide breeds, this saddle frees up the shoulders to encourage free and fluid paces, while providing the rider with tailored support suiting a variety of disciplines.
The Native and Cob Saddle – designed especially for the widest horses and ponies, this saddle offers an ultra-wide fit. Well known for its stability and balanced comfort, we’re able to minimise movement of the saddle, facilitating native and wide build requirements without interfering with the horse’s free movement over the back. Offered with interchangeable knee blocks and a choice of seat depths, this saddle delivers the ultimate bespoke Native and Cob saddle design.
- 100% made to measure for both YOU and YOUR HORSE.
- Suitable for all; no shapes and sizes are off limits, wide to extra wide and beyond!
- Cut to free up and show off the shoulders to maximise and encourage expressive movement.
- Interchangeable knee blocks for tailored support and comfort, particularly whilst jumping.
- Available with a flat or semi-deep seat to accommodate demands in rider movement whilst galloping or jumping.
Bespoke design features:
- Handmade in England with your choice of finest English leather or luxury calfskin.
- Available in black, Havana brown or chestnut brown.
- Bespoke colour embellished cantle finish.
The Ava Saddle promise
With comfort comes maximised performance! We strive to minimise movement of the saddle by incorporating an innovative girthing system, allowing for fluidity of movement without concern for discomfort. Our wide gullets allow horses to engage their hindquarters more easily, ultimately taking the weight off the forehand to encourage balance and self-carriage. But what makes Ava saddles so special is that they’re adjustable, so we can support your horse as they develop and/or change shape. Combining maximised surface area panels with our advanced panel filling technology, we’re able to minimise pressure points and offer a bespoke comfort like no other.
Price £2100 (inc VAT) – Super soft, double oiled leather
Price £2600 (inc VAT) – Luxury calfskin
Balance paid on delivery
Includes FREE saddle cover and NuuMed saddle cloth
We accept credit and debit card payment
A choice of two panel fillings
- Traditional Flocking – the traditional system which uses super soft wool flock and creates an even bearing surface.
- Foam and Felt – a system which is available on the Pro Jump, Pro Event and Premier Jump Saddles and creates a smooth, close contact panel.
Ava Saddles offer a choice of filling in their panels.
1. Foam and felt panel system
This foam and felt is a useful alternative to air:
- super soft, smooth panels
- never lumpy or bumpy, no uneven wear
- never needs flocking
- low profile, close contact feel
- minimal maintenance
2. Traditional Flocking
A traditional filling system:
- Uses super soft wool flock
- Balances saddle for the rider
- Adjusted for minimal shape change
- Creates even weight distribution
For more information, call us on 07498 875299
We look forward to discussing your needs and requirements, so that we can help you keep your horse happy and comfortable with a perfectly fitted Ava Saddle.
Love our new Ava calfskin Gp Saddle with Swarovski crystals. My boy is so much happier and his way of going is superb!
Joanne Robinson, Wirral
Six months on I can honestly say that these saddles are worth every penny. We are all so much more comfortable!
Julie Grimshaw, Lancashire
I thought I’d drop you a line to let you know how happy I am with my new saddle! It’s made such a difference, to his canter particularly.
Jen Deakin, Leeds
Ava saddles truly is a saddle for life for you and your horse ... Can’t recommend Ava saddles enough.
Jane Flickler, Cambridge
Thank you Claire Love my new calfskin dressage saddle with crystals. My 4 year old goes so well in his Ava jump saddle so thought I would treat him.
Steph Holker, Blackburn
Fantastic, the change in my boy since changing saddles to the Ava Pro Jump saddle has been amazing.
Vicky Stabler, Cumbria
Today we had Errol’s back thermal imaged. I can not thank Ava enough for our fantastic saddle. He now has 10 out of 10 for a happy back.
Catherine Marshall, Todmorden, Yorkshire
Thoroughly enjoying both saddles been out jumping too, thank you xx
Hilary Whiteside, Surrey
Both girls have got a Saddle for life now though, definitely a worthwhile investment! Fantastic quality and great looking saddles! Thank you so much Claire Fitzmaurice! Highly recommended!
Izzy Scott, Riding Instructor, Otley
The fit and comfort it provided my horse, speaks for itself, he’s never been happier or moved so well. . I can’t hold the service and product received by Claire and Ava Saddles in higher regard.
Lisa White, North Yorkshire
Everyone needs an AVA saddle!!!!
Kirsty Morton, Aberdeen
A year on the difference in Jake is amazing! He is now using himself more effectively ... and my physio has commented on how supple he is in his back